Sunday 9 August 2015

Chocolate Bean Cake



It was treat meal last night and gosh it was a treat smile emoticon My lovely friends made me some delicious Salmon with Kumara Wedges and Aioli! Then I made a Chocolate Bean Cake which we had with whipped Coconut Cream and Berries. SO GOOD! Bean Cake recipe:
1 can red Kidney beans
6 eggs
6 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cocoa or cacao
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup of coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice (make this completely sugar free by adding stevia instead of sugar)
Prepare a cake tin by greasing around sides with coconut oil and lining with baking paper (it's quite a sticky mix). Whiz until smooth in a blender or food processor and bake at 180 deg for 35-40 minutes. Best baked the day or morning before and kept in fridge.
P.S this isn't my own recipe but was hand written on some paper for me so I can't give credit to the author, sorry.